Monday, June 29, 2009

BLEH!

The power went out for about 3 hours in the middle of the night last night.
[I guess I should be grateful that it didn't go out in the middle of the day when it was 100+ degrees.]

It was almost like trying to sleep in a sauna, it was so warm in my room.
So, needless to say, I didn't get much sleep!
[Especially after I started worrying if the food in the fridge/freezer would go bad!]
Finally, the power came back on....and my fan started blowing on me....ahhh, sweet relief!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy it for very long....but long enough for me to have a weird dream!

I don't remember all the details anymore.... but here's what I do remember:
I was in a room with some other people, who I think were all strangers, but I may have possibly known a few.
Also in the room were 2 musicians that I like, that I have seen before, but have never met,
but in this dream we were talking as if we knew each other.
We were all chatting with each other and I remember at one point,
whispering something to one of them and he laughed.
Then the other one wanted to know what was so funny, so I whispered it to him, too.
Then they announced that they had a surprise for all of us, and that they would be back shortly.

I was looking outside this big window in the room, when I spotted an actor, whom I have met before,
walking towards the building we were in, and his arms were filled with shopping bags.
He entered the room and it was as if it was him who was there from the beginning, not the 2 musicians.
He then announced that he had gifts for everyone and then started pulling out all these shirts from his bags.
He called everyone in the room by name and handed them their shirt.
There were at least 20 people, [more girls than guys], in the room, too.
When he handed out the last shirt, he asked, "Now, did everyone get something?"
I raised my hand and said, rather disappointedly, "I didn't get anything."
He smiled and said, "Oh, you didn't get one? That's because I've got something special for you."
He walks towards me, a big smile on his face, and then....

Bzzz...Bzzz....Bzzz....
My alarm went off!
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I quickly hit snooze and tried to get back to dreamland to see what my "something special" was,
but to no avail. :(

Maybe tonight???? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good question....
    but one that I don't really have a specific answer to. Obviously something better than a shirt! ;)
    Ummm...round trip tickets to Australia, or Europe, or Hawaii, or New York City....
    a shopping spree, a surprise visit from my little sister, dinner and a movie....

    ReplyDelete