Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You stay classy, San Diego!

So during the Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend,
I took a quick trip...alone...to San Diego.

I left Saturday evening.
My flight ended up leaving about 30 minutes late,
because we were waiting for a plane to arrive from Seattle,
so some of the passengers could connect to San Diego.

Because of that, we obviously landed in San Diego late,
and I ended up missing a bus by a few minutes and
had to wait over half an hour for the next one.

Then I made the mistake of getting on the first trolley I saw,
realizing after about 3 stops that I was going the wrong way.
Luckily, once I got off at the next stop, there was a trolley
approaching that was going the right way. [Whew!]


This is where I stayed.....



It was a good location, because it was close to the trolley station, it was even just a couple blocks from a scrapbook store! But best of all, it was just a few blocks away from here.....


Mmmmm.....In-N-Out! I ended up eating there 3 times while I was in San Diego! [Although one of those times was only for an order of fries!]

Unfortunately, the hotel was also just a block and a half away from here...

UGH! : P

One of the first things I did was make my way here.....

to get some of this....


CiCi's Pizza!!!!

It took me about an hour by bus to get there [we ran into some bad traffic],
but it was definitely worth the wait!!!
I was kinda bummed that they don't do cheesy breadsticks,
because dipping them in the marinara sauce is usually what I chow down on the most.
[So maybe it was a good thing, I guess....]
The staff there were really nice and friendly, too.
I mentioned to the manager when she walked by me, that coming to CiCi's Pizza
was among the top 3 things I most wanted to do while I was in San Diego.
Mmmm...it was so good!!!!

I then took the bus over to Balboa Park.
I basically just walked around for a couple hours and took TONS of pictures....
far too many to post here, so I'm just posting a few of them.



Posing with a bunch of cool cactus


"Bunny Ears" or "Mickey Mouse" cactus???



Flower-shaped cactus



Cool plant



This tree reminded me of something you'd find in Wonderland.



A cool tiled fountain.



What an awesome window!!!
[But I wouldn't want to clean it!]



Casa del Prado



But, the main reason I was at Balboa Park
[and actually the main reason for this trip]
was to come here...
The Old Globe Theatre.





To see Whisper House!!!



The show was AMAZING!!!
I could go on and on about it...
I'm so glad that I was able to see it!

The next day, I took a 2 hour cruise around San Diego Bay...



on Lord Hornblower.

A few things I saw on the cruise....


some sea lions resting in the sun


the bridge to Coronado



An old sailing ship



San Diego skyline



After the cruise, I took a bus over to Mission Beach.
I got there a bit later than I wanted.... about an hour or so before sunset.
Which, at least, provided me with some very cool "Kodak moments."














It was hard leaving the beach, it was so nice there!
I left with a whole bunch of cool seashells, too.
[I couldn't believe how many there were scattered all over the beach!]

After the beach, I went and did a little shopping, picked up some dinner,
and made my way back to my hotel room to relax during my last night.

Before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye and head back home...

So in the words of the legendary Ron Burgundy:
"You stay classy, San Diego!"

Hope to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment