Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What a day!

So today it was forecasted to be a miserable 107 degrees!
I had been planning to go on a mini-getaway to the beach,
since my work was closed for the week,
and figured that this would be the best day to go!

I took BART to San Francisco and then took
a bus over to Ocean Beach, arriving there at around noon.

Walking through the sand to get closer to the ocean
was a bit of a challenge because the sand felt so hot!
[And that was wearing sandals! I saw some crazy people walking barefoot!]

I found a nice spot and spread out my blanket and sat and watched the waves.



The weather was really nice.
There was a nice cool breeze that would blow by every now and then.



Surfs up!






As the day moved on, the weather warmed up quite a bit,
and more and more surfers appeared in the water.



After lying on the blanket for a couple hours, napping and reading,
I decided to walk along the beach.






I put on sunscreen...but apparently, not enough!



I thought this was cool. I stood next to it for a while
and watched the tide come in and out.



This looked like somewhere you would come across on
"the island" on LOST, my favorite TV show!






By the time I was getting ready to leave at about 4:00pm,
I counted at least 50 surfers in the water!



And the beach was more crowded than I have ever seen before!



After the beach, I took the bus over to the Orpheum Theatre.



So I could participate in the Wicked Lottery,
in hopes of "winning" a ticket for only $25.00.
[The cheapest seats in the back of the theatre are $50.00!]



I waited around for close to an hour, for the lottery to start.
They called out about a dozen names, none of which were mine.
I was bummed, because I was really hoping to be able to see Wicked
again before it leaves in September.

I was getting hungry, so I decided to console myself with a trip
down to Fisherman's Wharf, to get me some In-N-Out for dinner.
YUM!

I called my brother Todd, to see if he could pick me up after he got off work,
but he said that he just got home from work and was getting ready to take
a quick shower because....
JEN WAS IN LABOR!!!!

Pretty soon I'm going to be an Auntie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment