Saturday, August 18, 2012

Facebook Fun


I was on Facebook the other day and came across an old post from 2009.
It put a smile on my face and totally brightened up my day,
which is just what I needed.
And it also reminded me why I love the people involved in this as much as I do!

[Slightly edited and using first names only.]

Tammy:
I have an iTunes card loaded with 12 songs from a variety of Broadway shows. 
Tell me in 15 words or less why you deserve to have it. 
My favorite response wins the prize! :)
November 3, 2009 at 1:43am

 Jared:
I can beat you in arm wrestling.
November 3, 2009 at 6:32am

Torrey Connie:
 I am your favorite. You love me the most. I also love you the most. :) 
November 3, 2009 at 10:05am 

Marianne:
Hmm bc I will take that card download it, then memorize all the songs & 
call you peridocally through out the day & sing them to you, WINNER!!! 
J/K couldn't resist I don't even have an iPod... I am so behind the times I know.
November 3, 2009 at 3:57pm

Torrey Connie:
Loser! That was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over 15 words! BZZZZT!
Hey Tammy! I'll memorize them and NOT sing them to you! 
How 'bout that?!?!?
November 3, 2009 at 3:58pm 

Marianne:
Wait Connie you have such a lovely voice she would WANT you to sing to her. 
Why not you & I sing her duets all night long like a very sweet lullaby... 
Yes Tammy you would so love that wouldn't you? :)
November 3, 2009 at 4:02pm 

Marianne:
Wait 15 words...starting now... that's' so tricky... 
hmmm since I don't have an iPod, you win, 
plus I can never do anything in under 50 words... you know me, 
forever long winded in voice & pen, & now keyboard... :):)
November 3, 2009 at 4:03pm 

Torrey Connie:
Oh, now that is a lovely idea, Mar. Why didn't I think of that?! I'm IN!!!! :)
November 3, 2009 at 4:03pm 

Torrey Connie:
‎(Don't tell Tammy, but I don't have an iPod either....
but I WANT one, so there's that....does that count? 
So maybe instead of the iTunes card,
Tammy could just get us both our own iPods!!!) 
Either that, or we sing. All night. Every night.
November 3, 2009 at 4:06pm

Tammy:
You two are too, too funny! And you don't need an iPod, 
all you need is to download iTunes onto your computer 
and you can listen to the songs while you're hanging out on Facebook! ;)
November 3, 2009 at 4:34pm 

Ken:
I deserve it because...well, just because I'm me. I think that speaks for itself :)
November 3, 2009 at 5:02pm 

Tammy:
I will make my final decision on Wednesday...
so keep those responses coming, folks! :)
November 3, 2009 at 6:49pm 

Torrey Connie:
Pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me pickme!!! :P
November 3, 2009 at 7:04pm 

Tammy: 
You are very persistent, Connie! ;)
Here's a little tease of what is on the card: Mary Poppins, West Side Story,
Legally Blonde, White Christmas, The Lion King, Phantom.....
November 3, 2009 at 7:51pm 

Torrey Connie:
I was waiting for water to boil on the stove....sorry. :)
November 3, 2009 at 8:52pm 

Jared:
I sacrificed my life for our country's freedom while fighting
the war on terrorism in Afghanistan. BEAT THAT!!
November 3, 2009 at 10:16pm 

Jared:
Remember that one time I hackysacked you in the face
while you were down the hall. Sorry about that.
I was just showing you my talent.
November 3, 2009 at 10:17pm 

Torrey Connie:
Snap. Jared wins. Hands down....I cave, I fold, I quit. 
But I might still come sing to you anyway--
but only if Marianne will come with! :)
November 3, 2009 at 10:19pm

Torrey Connie: 
Oh wait!!! Hold the phone! Jared put in an extra word, 
and that's not even counting his extra "BEAT THAT"....HA!  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!
November 3, 2009 at 10:20pm 

Torrey Connie:
(Psssst--Jared--no sucking up allowed....)
November 3, 2009 at 10:22pm 

Tammy: 
Jared - Well played...but I haven't made my final decision... yet. 
[And I don't recall that hacky sack incident, when was that?]
Connie - You are cracking me up with your responses! ;)
Jared is my cousin and I'm sure you wouldn't mind
hearing him sing any of these songs!
November 4, 2009 at 12:04am 

Jared:
I can stand on my head and read the newspaper.
November 4, 2009 at 7:30am

Laura:
Jared needs new music to listen to while doing his homework. :)
November 4, 2009 at 8:39am 

Jared:
Homework; to be a nurse- to save the lives of wounded soldiers.
That makes fifteen.
November 4, 2009 at 10:15pm 

Torrey Connie:
Oooooooh. Nicely done. Here's my final entry...maybe... :)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Give me iTunes
or I'll come sing to you....
November 4, 2009 at 10:18pm

Torrey Connie:
‎....and don't forget about the hacky sack incident.
I think he did it on purpose....
November 4, 2009 at 10:19pm

Jared:
what ya don't remember didn't happen.
November 4, 2009 at 10:33pm 

Jared:
Nice try Torrey maybe next time:)
November 5, 2009 at 12:02am

Torrey Connie:
‎(hee hee) He blamed it on TORREY....Excellent! :)
November 5, 2009 at 8:29am

Jared:
What is Torrey your other personality? 
Oh I see... uh I'm not sure how to deal with multiple personality persons. ;)
November 5, 2009 at 9:49pm

I couldn't find the post announcing who won the iTunes card,
but the winner was my cousin, Jared.
Because he responded first, because I knew he would enjoy it,
and because he entertained me with all the 'sucking up'.

1 comment: