Monday, March 25, 2013

Springtime Decorating


Even though it may not feel like Spring outside the past few days,
[With highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's here in Dallas.]
it definitely feels like Springtime inside...
thanks to some cute Easter decorations.
















The Easter banner is the only item I used last year,
everything else I bought after Easter last year.
[Hoping to be able to score some more cute things this year.]




















I got these cute animals at World Market.
I got the deer after Christmas last year and decided to use it
as a springtime decoration instead.
















I also got these Easter egg ornaments from World Market
and placed them along the edge of a cabinet, for a garland-type effect.
The big glittery blue bow is from the 99 cent store.
















On the far right is a sequined bunny that I found in the dollar section
at Target. It was the only one there, so I snatched it up.
I've been to two other Target stores since and haven't seen any others.
















My mini Easter village.
Aside from the Easter egg tree, these are among the handful of Easter items
that made it from California to here. I've had them for about 10-15 years now.




















And of course, I had to keep up the tradition and create
an Easter tulle wreath.
But...I almost didn't get it completed in time!

I used five different colors for this wreath;
pink, white, yellow, aqua and baby blue.
[Although the difference between the aqua and baby blue ended up
being more subtle than I thought it would be.]
I only had an inch or two left to cover when I ran out of pink tulle!
I was this close to taking apart my Valentine's wreath,
just so I could get it finished, but instead I just ordered some more tulle
from eBay. I was back to work on my wreath just three days later!

I had bought some glittery egg picks and a cute bunny pick at Michaels
to use to decorate the wreath, to make it more festive.
I thought I had the perfect ribbon for the wreath,
but then realized that the ribbon I was thinking of was part of
my massive ribbon collection I passed on to a friend when I moved.

Last week while at the 99 cent store, I found some ribbon that I thought would
work out nicely...and lo and behold, it did! HOORAY!

When I bought the pink tulle, I also stocked up on red, white and blue tulle.
Hmmm...wonder what I'll be doing with that?!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment