Sunday, July 19, 2009

my bowl overfloweth.....

Yesterday afternoon, my sister used the bathroom, and when she flushed,
the water started rising. She got out the plunger, but it wasn't really doing the trick.
After a half hour or so, the water went down really low, so she flushed it again.
Up the water went...and overflowed! :P
Back and forth this went on, plunging, draining, plunging, to no avail.

So, we went to the grocery store, for 3 reasons:
  1. To buy groceries [obviously!]
  2. To cool off in the frozen food section
  3. To use their bathroom

While I was there I checked out the stuff for clogged pipes. Thinking that should do the trick, but alas, we had one of those toilet bowl cleaner discs in our toilet, and it said not to use the product if you had a toilet bowl cleaner, because the chemicals could have a bad reaction! :P

Anyway, to make a long story short[er].... it appears whatever was causing our toilet problems, was also causing problems for the neighbors downstairs, which probably helped expedite plumbing relief during the weekend, rather than on Monday morning!

I don't know how our great-great-great grandparents managed without flushing toilets and having to walk outside, sometimes in freezing temperatures, to use the bathroom! And here I was complaining that I had to walk next door to use the toilet at Starbucks. [Although that did require me to be outside in 100 degree weather to get there!]

So, never forget to take a working, flushing toilet for granted again! I am thankful for a working, flushing toilet inside my home. [Although, I still wish we had 2 bathrooms instead of 1.] ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment