So, it's been almost 2 months since I left for my trip, so here's a "brief" summary....
First stop:

I arrived in Kansas City late Saturday afternoon. It was my first time being in Missouri. I stayed with my aunt, uncle and cousin, whom I hadn't seen in 5 years! All that time apart just seemed to melt away and it felt like it was just yesterday that I had seen them last.

I left Kansas City early Tuesday afternoon. I took this photo of Downtown Kansas City while on the drive to the airport. I also got a shot of the Missouri River, too.

I don't know what was going on with my brain, but for some reason I was waiting at the wrong gate for my flight to Dallas. It was past the time it was supposed to leave, but I never heard an announcement about the flight boarding! Unfortunately, I didn't realize my error until 10 minutes after my flight had taken off! The correct gate wasn't too far from where I was, so I still don't know how I could have missed hearing any announcements about the flight. Thankfully, Southwest was able to book me on the next flight, which was in almost 2 more hours! There wasn't really anywhere to eat within the security area, so I left to get something to eat and went through security a second time. Luckily, it's a small airport and it was quick getting through. I got a window seat, near the wing and there was nobody in the middle seat and the flight was only a little over and hour, so it wasn't too bad. I just felt bad that I lost 2 hours of time that could have either been spent in KC with family or in Dallas.
I stayed with my sister and her husband and their 3 baby kitties while in Dallas. I was in Dallas for 5 1/2 days. My sister and I did some shopping a couple times. We each got some new clothes and I got a bunch of books at a thrift store. [I love finding 'cheap' books!] I even got my sister [who is now a vegan] to take me to CiCi's Pizza, which we don't have where I live, and has been a favorite place to eat ever since I first went there 5 years ago, during my first visit to Dallas.
My sister had to work one night, so my bro-in-law and I went out and had some fun without her! We went to this really nice bowling alley in Addison. It was the swankiest bowling alley I had ever been to. We got a lane in an area that was kind of closed off to the rest of the lanes. It was as if we had our own private party. [Until people showed up about midway through our second game.] The first game started out a bit slow for me, but I finally improved. I think I lost by only 12 points or less.
But....in the second game.....
I KICKED BUTT!!!!
This is the highest score I've ever had! [I only go bowling about once a year.] So, that was pretty cool!
From Dallas, I took a LONG road trip with my sister and her husband, as well as my mom. We drove for about 24 hours straight. Oklahoma and Kansas are not too exciting to drive through. The cities and towns were spread out a lot further than I had expected. One cool thing about the trip was when we were driving through a small storm in Colorado and saw some really cool lightning. I tried to get a picture, but always missed it! :(
We went to visit family and so we could attend my aunt and uncle's 40th wedding anniversary! It was great getting to see family again, some of which had been 2 years since I had seen last, but most had been 5 years.
There was a talent show during the party, and look who stopped by...

Elvis is in the building!!!
My cousin, Kenny, aka ElvisDivo, performed a bunch of Elvis' greatest hits.
We were also visited, by not one, but 2 Modern Major Generals!
My cousins, [and brothers], Kenny & Jared have both performed as the Major General in 'The Pirates of Penzance' and together they sang 'I Am The Very Model of a Modern Major General'. [Not the easiest song to sing, that's for sure!] it was a lot of fun, but the party was over all too soon.
The following morning, minus our mom, we headed for California!
We stopped in Reno to stay the night at my bro-in-law's uncle's house, so they could visit and so we could drive through the Sierras during the day, rather than at night. We arrived to our destination [my home] late afternoon on Labor Day.
While my sister and her husband were here we took a trip down to Santa Cruz. It had been around 15 years since I had been there last! WOW! Unfortunately, since we went on a weekday and school had started back up, the Boardwalk was closed. So we just enjoyed relaxing and playing at the beach.
It seemed like their time here went by so fast, because the next thing I knew, we were saying goodbye. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment