Friday, August 21, 2009

on my way...

So today was the 'official' last day of the school year at work.
We are closed next week for our summer break.
The majority of the kids who are headed for Kindergarten
have already said their goodbyes,
only 3 [2 boys and 1 girl] remained until the very end.

The lone girl, Maria, is excited about going to kindergarten,
but also sad about leaving here. I reminded her a few times
that we would still see her, since she has a younger sister
still going to school here.

She said that she was really going to miss me
and was sad that she wouldn't see me every day.
Then she gave me a big hug and said:
"You're the best teacher ever!"

Awww.....
That totally made my day!

So, I'm leaving tomorrow for my vacation.
I'm 99% packed.
Basically just things that I'll need to use in the morning remain.
This has been the least stressful vacation planning/packing I think I've ever had!
Usually I'm panicking and stressing about something, but not this time.
Even when it was looking like BART was going to strike,
which is how I had been planning to get to the airport,
I still didn't stress and freak out.
I was calm and just felt that it would all work out.
[Which, thankfully, it did!]

Crossing my fingers that there won't be any last minute panicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment