[listed in chronological order]
1. Spending my birthday at Disneyland.
It had been 1½ years since I was last there.
My new favorite attraction is the Toy Story Midway Mania.
while showing my friend Jeni around the city and taking her to see the Pacific Ocean.
3. Getting to stay at the swanky hotel my friend
was staying at while in San Francisco.
[Which was the same hotel the musician
we saw in concert was staying at!]
Our inner "teenage fangirls" completely got the best of us,
when we ended up sharing a ride with him in the elevator
and completely forgot to press the button for our floor!
4. "My Maria Moments" -
Maria, a little girl at my preschool provided many
Maria, a little girl at my preschool provided many
memorable moments this year. Two of my favorites:
#1: During the preschool graduation program,
#1: During the preschool graduation program,
she noticed me sitting in the audience.
Her face lit up in the biggest smile, waving to me as she yelled out,
"Teacher Tammy!" [As some in the audience chuckled.]
#2: On her last day at preschool, she gave me a big hug and told me,
#2: On her last day at preschool, she gave me a big hug and told me,
"You're the best teacher ever!" [Awww...]
5. My first trip to Missouri! I flew to Kansas City,
to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin,
whom I hadn’t seen in 5 years!
Sadly, I was only there for 2 ½ days,
so I didn't get to see or do as much as I would have liked.
I somehow managed to miss boarding my flight
when I was leaving Kansas City!
Luckily I was able to get on another flight a couple hours later.
Thanks Southwest!
6. One of the reasons why my trip to Kansas City was so short,
was so I could move on to my next destination…Dallas!
I spent almost a week with my sister and bro-in-law.
I went to some favorite stores and restaurants there and
beat my bro-in-law at bowling, with my highest bowling score ever!
I went on a long car trip with my sister and bro-in-law
[and my mom, too for half of the trip] from Texas to California!
[and my mom, too for half of the trip] from Texas to California!
Traveling through 8 states – Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado,
Wyoming, Utah, Nevada & California!
[Bringing the total to 18 states that I’ve been to!]
It was a fun trip, just not quite as scenic as we expected it to be.
[Although we did see a cool lightning storm in Colorado!]
[Bringing the total to 18 states that I’ve been to!]
It was a fun trip, just not quite as scenic as we expected it to be.
[Although we did see a cool lightning storm in Colorado!]
8. Getting to attend my aunt and uncle’s 40th Anniversary party.
I saw many family members that I hadn’t seen in 5 years
and finally got to meet a bunch of my little cousins, too!
Even ‘Elvis’ was there!
It was a fun night, which ended all too quickly.
9. While my sister and bro-in-law were here in California,
we took a day trip down to Santa Cruz.
It was the first time I had been there in 15 years!
Sadly though, the boardwalk rides were closed,
so we just hung out on the beach.
Which was fine with me, because I could lay out on the beach,
Which was fine with me, because I could lay out on the beach,
watching the waves crash, all day long!
10. Getting to see 4 musicals [and 6 performances]
in less than 2 months time! [A record for me!]
I saw Wicked, RENT, American Idiot, Spring Awakening.
I saw Wicked, RENT, American Idiot, Spring Awakening.
I had met some of the actors previously, over the past couple of years
and was surprised that some of them even remembered me!
One of them, Christy Altomare [Wendla in Spring Awakening],
even rushed over and gave me a hug when she saw me!

No comments:
Post a Comment