So the other day I booked a trip.
I love planning trips out, even if it's just a "wishful thinking" trip.
Trying to find the best deal and all that good stuff= happy!
It's the paying for it all that always gets me a wee bit nervous!
I had been scoping out expedia for deals for a
"wishful thinking" trip that I was hoping to end up being a "reality trip."
Now you know, it's really hard for me to pass up a good deal,
so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to let this one pass me by.
[Round trip flight and 3 night hotel stay for less than $200!]
When I got some extra hours at work over the past two weeks,
I realized I'd be able to take advantage of this deal after all
and in return get a much needed [and deserved] getaway!
So... when it came time to pay for my trip, I went through all the pages
of info to read and fill out, before clicking the "book it" button,
only to be told that the type of hotel room I wanted [1 king bed],
was no longer available! Which meant having to go back and go through
all of that again, this time booking a room with 2 queen beds.
I went through all the motions again and clicked "book it"....
but this time I'm told that my price has changed!!!
It's now a whopping two cents cheaper!!!
I resend my information yet again, hit book it...and voila....
my trip is [finally] booked!!!
Guess it's true what they say, "The third time's the charm!"
So now... after all that, I will be spending President's Day weekend in...
SAN DIEGO!!!
I am SOOOO excited! It's been almost 3 years since I was last there.
My main reason for going is to see Whisper House,
which is an awesome new musical currently playing at the Old Globe Theatre
located in Balboa Park. [Which I'm excited to explore again, too!]
I'm going just in the nick of time, because it finishes it's run there a week later!
I also plan on hanging out at the beach....walking around and watching the waves.
If I had a million dollars, I would probably use it to buy a beachfront property.
[The tough part would be on deciding on which beach!] I LOVE the beach!
I'm also definitely planning on going to CiCi's Pizza while I'm there!
I first went to one in Dallas almost 6 years ago for my sister's graduation,
and have been slightly obsessed about it ever since.
We see commercials for them all the time here...
even though we don't have any in our area!
[The San Diego location is the closest one to us!]
Mmmm....swirly pasta...cheesy breadsticks dipped in marinara....
cinnamon rolls....brownies....oh yeah, and pizza....
While it would be fun to have someone to hang out with on my trip,
I'm kind of looking forward to some alone time...
it's been a while since I've had that!
[Although I'm hoping that at least one of my So. Cali friends
can make it down while I'm there.]
A little less than two weeks to go....
and already I'm planning out what I need to pack! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment