Sunday, June 27, 2010

Why I Love My Job.....

As I walk into the classroom to start my day,
I'm bombarded by children,
who greet me with hugs, smiles and shouts of "Teacher Tammy!"

The first words out of CJ's mouth after, "TAMMY!"
are usually, "Did you bring any stickers?"
Gotta love it!

Kylee asking me if I'm going to be in her group today
and the grumpy face she makes after I tell her I'm not.

Sierra asking me which naproom I'm going to be in
and crossing her arms and asking "Why?"
when I tell her...and it's not the naproom she's in.

At naptime, a chorus of children asking,
"Teacher Tammy, will you pat my back?"

At snack or lunch time, when we get "extra silly"
and call each other by the wrong names.
[The kids think that's hysterical!]

When Zachary comes up to me and says, "I wanna hold you!"
[Melts me every time!]

When Katelynn makes silly faces at me.

When Damien finds out I'm going to be in his group,
he always says, "Yay! Teacher Tammy is going to be in our group!"

When Lola asks if I could make [draw] her a princess,
because "I make them good."

When Valeria wants me to make her "jumpy-jumpy"
way up to the sky!

When Sara comes up to me at random times during the day,
smiles at me and says "Hi Teacher Tammy."

When Kylee says, "Your my Teacher Tammy! I want you in my group!"

When kids accidentally call me mom...

Tatiyana, telling me why she likes me:

Tatiyana: Because you're cute.
Me: Why else do you like me?
Tatiyana: Because you're so nice.
Me: Why else do you like me?
Tatiyana: Because you're good.
Me: Anything else?
Tatiyana: Because you're so beautiful
Me: Why else do you like me?
Tatiyana: Because you play with me.
Me: Anything else?
Tatiyana: Because we're birthday buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment