OK, first let me start off by saying I'm not
a "Twi-hard" or whatever it is the extreme fans
of the Twilight series call themselves.
Really, I'm not. [And no, I'm not in denial!]
I don't have pictures of Edward and Jacob on my walls,
I don't fantasize about falling in love with vampires or werewolves
and I wouldn't break down in a sobbing mess if I ever met them.
I do have Twilight and New Moon on DVD,
but have only watched them a couple of times.
[And I saw New Moon at the theater, but not Twilight.]
I do own Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse
on paperback, but I haven't even read them yet.
Back in spring 2007, before all the movie hoopla,
I was considering buying 'Twilight',
because I had heard it was good.
But, I couldn't get myself to spend
that much on a book.
[I'm a Half-Price books kind of gal,
so even when I bought the books at
www.amazon.com for about $5.00 a pop,
that was "splurging" a bit for me!] ;)
The main reason I even watched Twilight
in the first place, is due to my little sister, Katrina.
She had never been much of a reader growing up.
[She read the first 2 Harry Potter books,
but never made it through the third,
which happens to be one of my favorites!]
But, she actually read the whole Twilight Saga
and wanted me to see the movie, so I did....for her.
I thought it was a bit corny and cheesy in parts.
The vampires were completely different than the
vampires I'd known and loved from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Still, I could understand the appeal....
And today I went to the theater to see Eclipse.
I was surprised that there were only about 40 people
in the theater... until I realized that there were
16 show times that day.
Unfortunately, there were some slightly obnoxious
teenage girls at the back of the theater, who thought
it was perfectly okay for them to put their feet up
on the seats and chat throughout the movie.
[I was really excited when the trailer for the new
Harry Potter movie came on. I'll admit, it made me
a little misty-eyed. Can't wait to see it!]
Anyway, back to Eclipse...
I thought it was really good!!!
I know some people didn't really care for the
"new" Victoria, but I liked her.
I thought she was better than the other one.
She really wasn't even in the movie too much, which surprised me.
I did enjoy the seeing the flashbacks for Jasper and Rosalie.
[There's proof I'm not a "Twi-hard", I had to look up her name
because I couldn't remember it!]
I was a little disappointed though that those were the only ones.
There were a couple lines in the movie that made me,
as well as the rest of the audience members, laugh.
[I don't remember them exactly word for word, so I'm paraphrasing.]
"Doesn't he own a shirt?" - Edward, about Jacob when he
shows up, with his abs for all to see.
"Let's face it, I'm hotter than you!" - Jacob to Edward
It was above and beyond the first 2 movies!
I think I may actually start reading the books now,
because it piqued my curiosity.
No comments:
Post a Comment