Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trick or Treat...Disney Style!

Since I was going to be in So. Cali for Halloween.
I decided I should do something fun!

So Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland it was!
[The last time I went to Disneyland was for my birthday in 2009!]

Entrance to the park for the Halloween Party wasn't until 3:00pm,
so I spent the early afternoon doing a little shopping
[Where I picked up a green feather boa for my costume...Yay!]
and enjoying a yummy lunch.
[Lunch buffet at Shakeys Pizza. Mmmm!]

I arrived at the park around 2:00pm, so I looked around
at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney.
When I used the bathroom there, I looked inside my bag for something
and then realized something very, very bad....
my ticket for the Halloween Party was gone!!!
I couldn't figure out how it could've fallen out of my bag.
I asked a cast member if anyone had turned one in, but no one had.
I went to Guest Relations, which then sent me to Guest Services,
who were thankfully able to look up my information and issue me a new ticket!
WHEW!!!
[And all right before 3:00pm, too!]



Once I was in the park, I got my wristband and trick or treat bag
and was on my way!



My first stop was to one of my favorite attractions...



Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters!
You know the part of the ride where you're in a tunnel?
The ride stopped while I was in there.
Usually that would be a good thing, because you could
really rack up a ton of points.
However, my vehicle, apparently thought the ride was over
and I couldn't score any points for the remainder of the ride.
I mentioned that to a cast member after the ride ended
and she let me go again without having to wait in line.
[It was less than a 5 minute wait, but still a nice gesture.]
This time around it worked the whole time.
[I just did a lousy job!]



If you see one of these, it means candy will be nearby!



I wanted to take this with me! So stinking cute!

I spent a good portion of my time waiting in line to meet characters.
The lines for characters and candy were longer than most of the lines
for the attractions! I probably could've gone on quite a few more attractions
if I didn't get photos with all these characters,
but I wanted these memories instead.



He knocked my hat off!!!



Whew...I got to keep my head!






I really wish I had scissors to cut off those ugly ends on my boa.



It's Woody!



Off to Neverland!



Poor Princess Jasmine! There were only 3 or 4 people in line to meet her.



I would've loved to get a photo with Jack Skellington!
But the line was rather long and it was an hour or so until closing.









After meeting Eeyore, Tigger and Pooh, I went on Splash Mountain.
After that I had time for just one more attraction, so I decided to
check out the new Star Tours. I liked it much better than the old one!

It was such a fun night!
However I was disappointed that I never got photos with either
Mickey, Minnie or Goofy. [And I always get to see Goofy!]

I definitely recommend going on Halloween...so much fun!

The following day I went to Disney California Adventure.

WOW! Things have changed quite a bit since my last visit!



The entrance for example.
And then once you're inside, there's only one direction you can go.

One of the main reasons I decided to splurge
and spend the day @ DCA, was so I could finally check this out.



But, wouldn't you know it?
It was closed [temporarily] due to technical difficulties.
The cast member told me that lately the lines
have been less than 5 minutes long,
so once it did start back up, I'd be able to get in quickly.



Which an hour or two later, I did! I even went on it twice in a row!



I got a big hug from my favorite monster, Sulley!



Yeah, someone should've noticed the sun stripe across our tummies!



I met Pluto in the same spot I saw Chip & Dale.
Luckily no sun stripe this time!



This was actually my second time around posing with
Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen, because I accidentally
deleted the first photo with them. Oops!



While on my way to see the Aladdin musical,
I ran into Mike Wazowski.



I think Toy Story Midway Mania is my new favorite attraction.
[And the ring toss is my favorite game.]






I probably should've spent half the day going on this ride
again and again, instead I only went on it three times.



To infinity....and beyond!!!



I ended my stay at DCA watching World of Color.
What a cool show! A great way to end the day!
















It was a fun and memorable trip!
Can't wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment