Saturday, March 3, 2012

Be Our Guest

Last week, I had my first "real" visitor to my new apartment.
[Real meaning not a family member or someone helping out with furniture.]

My friend, Tafriha was visiting her cousin's family in the area,
so we of course, had to meet up while she was here!

I've only met up with her a few other times.
[The last time I saw her was when I was in So. Cali for Halloween.]

We first met way back in September 2004 at a little place called...


We were both there for the ABC Primetime Weekend.
Specifically for a new show that was starting.
Maybe you've heard of it?



We met in the loooonnng photo-op line to meet Jack, Kate, Charlie & Michael.
So we chatted while we anxiously hoped and prayed that we'd make it through.
[They stopped the line just 10 or so people in front of us....AARRGGHH!!]

However not all was LOST, [Sorry, couldn't help myself.]
as there was a cast Q&A session later that day.



We also met up again later that evening, while waiting in line
for a special screening of the pilot episode at the movie theatre
in Downtown Disney.
[Which was seriously AMAZING!!!]



Afterwards, we exchanged info so we could keep in touch
and share each others photos and videos.

Flash-forward 7+ years, and here we are still friends.



I picked Tafriha up at the DART station and we hung out at the apartment
until we started getting hungry.

So back to the DART station we went, along with my sister, Trisha
and rode to the next station and walked across the street, to eat here....



I've been there a few times, but it was
Trisha and Tafriha's first time there.



It took a few minutes for everyone to make their final decision.



Tafriha had eggs, toast, hashbrowns and a waffle.



I had 2 yummy waffles.



Trisha had a bacon cheeseburger and hashbrowns.

We all enjoyed our food and were completely stuffed!
I was originally thinking of just hanging out at the apartment
until she had to head back, but decided to show her downtown instead.

There's a place called Thanksgiving Square,
which I knew we had to go check out!

Because not only are we huge LOST fans,
we are also huge Lord of the Rings fans!

And every time I pass by here,
the following words echo in my mind...
"One ring to rule them all."







When I posed for this photo,
they realized it looked like I was
pushing the white beams.



We stopped by my favorite building downtown,
the Old Red Museum.



"X " marks the spot.
We stopped to see the spot JFK was assassinated,
and the other famous places in the area.

Before I knew it, our time together had come to an end.
It was so nice hanging out and seeing a familiar face again.
Can't wait for my next guest. Any takers? [hint-hint!]

No comments:

Post a Comment