Saturday, May 12, 2012

Birthday Flashback

So I recently "celebrated" my birthday.

I knew it wasn't going to be a super-exciting day or anything,
I mean I knew it wasn't going to top 2011's oh-so-exciting birthday
of meeting Hugh Jackman.



Or be as fun as any of the past birthdays I've spent at Disneyland...


It was yet another birthday without a birthday cake.
I joke that for every birthday I don't blow out candles on a cake,
I go back a year instead of age a year.
[So, at this rate, I'll be in my twenties forever!]

I did at least get a few presents, including a cute gift basket
from my sister Katrina and her hubby. 

[a cute owl pillow, scented tealight candles and holders and a decorative glass bottle]

I didn't do a whole lot for my birthday this year.
I slept in. [Which was very nice!]
In the evening I had a sisters night out.
We ended up going to Chili's for my birthday dinner.
Wasn't my first choice by a long shot, but Katrina mentioned she was craving 
a burger and that they have a good black bean burger there. [She's vegan.]
I also had a gift card for there, so I figured we might as well go there.
Wasn't very exciting and the food wasn't that great.
Probably should've gone with one of my other choices instead.

After dinner, we were going to check out an antiques mall,
only to find out they were already closed.

So instead we ended up going here...

Unfortunately though, we only had a little less than an hour 
to look around before they closed.

There were quite a few things I would've loved to get,
but just got a few small things that were on sale,
like a glass serving bowl and a picture I'm planning 
on hanging in the laundry room.

As we were leaving I saw this and had to take a picture 
of it, because I found it rather amusing.

[Yeah, someone rubbed off the "T" on each and every one of these metal boxes outside of the store. 
I bet they thought they were so funny & clever!]

We made one more stop on the way, so Trisha could get something.
We would've done more but I had to get ready for bed because I
had to be at work at 7:00am. Bummer!

However, the party continued the following night,
when we went bowling, which as always, was a lot of fun.
[But sadly, no photos.]

So, not the best birthday I've ever had...
but definitely not the worst birthday, either!

A quick little trip down birthday memory lane...

My first birthday...

My third birthday...

Birthday number four...

Happy fifth birthday...

Birthday number six...
[Complete with a birthday hat, Skipper doll in hand,
a ballerina cake and a clown.]

No comments:

Post a Comment