so naturally, I couldn't pass up on this deal!
[It's normally $15.00 for adult entrance.]
They did this last year, too. But we weren't able to get there until mid-afternoon
and the zoo closes at 5:00pm, so we didn't get the chance to see everything.
It's the biggest zoo in Texas, so you definitely need more than a couple hours to see it all.
[Especially when it's so crowded!]
This time I ended up going solo. I got there a little before 10:00am.
It was already super crowded and already super hot outside,
so I knew I wasn't going to go through the entire zoo.
Instead I made my way over to the main attraction for this zoo visit.
I mean, how can you resist the opportunity to see a couple of cute, cuddly koalas???
The last time I've seen a koala, other than Sydney, my giant plush koala,
was at Hogle Zoo in Utah when I was 13 years old!
So definitely way overdue for a koala sighting!
Not a real koala, but still very cute!
As I'm making my way to the side of the zoo where the koalas are located,
I passed by the lemur exhibit. There was a lemur just chilling on a branch,
After I took the picture, my camera beeped that the batteries were low.
I didn't think my batteries were that low, but I always keep a back up set
in my camera case for occasions such as this, so I didn't worry.
Then I put the back up batteries in...and the camera wouldn't even turn on!
Yes, they were dead! If only I had my battery recharger with me!
So lesson learned for the day:
Before leaving to go somewhere to take lots of pictures,
always make sure your batteries aren't low and your back-up batteries work!
Was disappointed that I wouldn't have the opportunity
to take a bunch of cool animal photos.
to take a bunch of cool animal photos.
I mean, that's a main part of the fun of going to the zoo in the first place!
But, I thought, at least I can use my camera phone
to take a couple crappy looking photos.
to take a couple crappy looking photos.
You probably can't tell, because it's a crappy camera phone photo,
but this is a giant rabbit! And by giant, I mean at least a couple feet long.
It was so cute!
Then I passed by some donkeys. The gray one in the photo was lying down,
chewing on the tree branch, but when I went to take a picture with my phone,
it said I didn't have enough memory left! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
So, I went through my files and deleted a couple ringtones and photos,
so I'd have enough memory to take a few more photos.
Of course, by the time I did all that, the donkey had gotten up.
Then I finally made my way to the koala exhibit.
I was a little disappointed that it consisted of nothing more
than a small room with a few small Eucalyptus trees behind a glass wall.
I knew that koalas sleep all but about 6 hours a day,
so the chances of catching them awake were not in my favor.
And apparently, I was correct in this assumption, as they were both sound asleep.
Glare from the windows made my crappy camera phone photos even crappier! :(
I would've preferred getting photos like this one...
I mean, seriously? How freaking cute is that?!
Don't you wanna just scoop it up and take it home with you?
After spending a few minutes watching the koalas sleep,
I went to check out the other Australian animals they had in the exhibit.
I saw kangaroos, wallabys, kookaburras, emus, but no dingoes!
Made me think of the "Dot" movies I used to watch all the time as a kid.
Dot and the Kangaroo, Dot and the Koala...
Does anyone else remember those?
I visited a few other animal exhibits, before deciding to call it a day.
The heat and the crowds were getting to me.
Which leads me to another lesson I learned,
but one that I actually already knew, but this reminded me,
is that there are some "freaky" people out there!
but one that I actually already knew, but this reminded me,
is that there are some "freaky" people out there!
[And I'm sure charging only a dollar for something brings
the extra "freaky" ones out in droves!]
I felt like a supermodel in comparison
to the majority of people I passed by.
to the majority of people I passed by.
I couldn't believe how many people
thought it was okay to be in a public place,
thought it was okay to be in a public place,
and one that caters to children no less,
wearing super short shorts [more like denim panties],
or having their big belly hang out for all to see,
or going bra-less, when they clearly need support,
I could go on and on....
And don't get me started on all the people
pushing and pulling around these giant coolers.
pushing and pulling around these giant coolers.
I mean, c'mon. It cost you a dollar to get in
and they're offering dollar drinks, chips and hot dogs.
and they're offering dollar drinks, chips and hot dogs.
Do you really need to be taking up extra space
in a crowded place, just to save a few bucks?
in a crowded place, just to save a few bucks?
as well as making me realize how many little things I take for granted,
that I need to be more grateful for. So not a bad day after all!








No comments:
Post a Comment