I am not much of a morning person and I have to leave for work at 6:20am, so needless to say, I don't really have time to eat breakfast.
And since my lunch break isn't until 12:30, I tend to get a bit peckish.
So while browsing on pinterest, I came across something that could
help me out with my breakfast dilemma....
MUFFINS!!!
They looked delicious and easy to make,
so I decided to give the recipe a try.
[I altered it just a little bit.]
[I altered it just a little bit.]
French Breakfast Muffins
2/3 c. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. milk
Topping
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium-large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. milk
Topping
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium-large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
Add wet
ingredients and stir until combined, but still a little lumpy.
Spoon batter into greased large muffin tins.
Bake for 25 minutes. Makes 8-12 large muffins.
For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Place melted butter in another
small bowl.
Dip the warm muffins in melted butter,
then roll muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture.
then roll muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture.
I've made them twice in less than a week's time now!
The photo above are of the muffins I made earlier this afternoon.
I just ate one before writing this post.
It was HEAVENLY!
Almost like eating a warm cinnamon sugar doughnut!
[And is it wrong that I am so tempted to go eat another one?]
Usually I like to share my baked goods with others,
but these are sooooo good...it's going to be hard to let them go!
[And I'll have to test out a vegan version of these muffins
so my sister and her hubby can partake of the deliciousness!]
**UPDATE**
While looking through my Muffins cookbook the other day,
I discovered a recipe very similar to this one,
only they were called, fittingly enough, doughnut muffins.
So I decided to try it to see which recipe is best.
And the winner is....
French Breakfast Muffins!
The doughnut muffins, while still good,
had a different texture to them and
tasted less like a doughnut than the other recipe.
I'll probably make them one more time though, just to be sure.
**UPDATE**
While looking through my Muffins cookbook the other day,
I discovered a recipe very similar to this one,
only they were called, fittingly enough, doughnut muffins.
So I decided to try it to see which recipe is best.
And the winner is....
French Breakfast Muffins!
The doughnut muffins, while still good,
had a different texture to them and
tasted less like a doughnut than the other recipe.
I'll probably make them one more time though, just to be sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment