Valentine's Day kind of snuck up on me this year!
I didn't get around to making all the love filled creations
that I wanted to this year.
[Like heart shaped sugar cookies & homemade valentine cards.]
I also realized that I had ZERO Valentine decorations!
[The few I did have were sadly, left behind during the move.]
I managed to find a couple decorations though.
I found this twig heart wreath at a thrift store a few months ago.
I decided less was more and kept it simple, just wrapping it with some
cute Valentine ribbon that I found at Michaels for $1.00.
This was another wreath I found at the thrift store.
It's wrapped with red yarn and decorated with felt flowers.
I just added some red grosgrain ribbon as a hanger.
And I kept my tulle wreath tradition going!
This time I used a heart shaped styrofoam wreath, rather than a round one.
The different angles made things a bit trickier.
I used four different colors of tulle: red, pink, white and fuchsia.
I was planning on adding a bow or flowers to it,
but never found the right ones, so I just left it as is.
I also made a couple mini banners.
I went through several chipboard alphabets until I found just the right ones!
[I thought I found the perfect ones a couple times, only to discover I was short a letter!]
After all the cutting and pasting and putting it all together, I realized that I didn't
have any ribbon that looked right with the banners.
So they lied around, unfinished, until I made a trip to Michaels and found
the perfect ribbon for this project!
I also used the ribbon with some other decorations.
I got a couple mini glass vases for only twenty cents!
I bought a small bouquet of red roses to put in the vases for less than two dollars.
The little pink birds I found in Christmas clearance.
The cute heart frames I got last year at World Market.
I added photos of my sweet little Valentine,
my one week old nephew, Benjamin.
[I'm thinking these are going to be staying up after Valentine's Day...
they're just too stinkin' cute!]
I would've liked to have some sort of decoration in between
the frames and the red rose in the middle, but just didn't find anything.
Hopefully next year, I'll have a few more Valentine goodies.
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment