Last night was "FABULOUS FRIDAY" for the ward I'm in.
[It's a bit of an adjustment for me, since I'm used to "SUPER SATURDAY" back home.]
For those of you who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about,
once a year all the women in the ward come together...
to get their craft on!
There are different crafts to be made, new skills to learn, good food to eat
and it's a time to just chat and get to know one another better.
I'm on the RS committee and I was in charge of the Subway Art craft.
I went on Google and typed in LDS Subway Art and was bombarded by
cool quotes and amazed by all the creativeness!
[I had to tear myself away, after downloading about 40 or so of them!]
Sadly, about half of the ones I found we were unable to use,
since the size of the image was too small for the size of our project.
[Which means next time, we'll have to make smaller ones!]
Here are a few that I made:
Super easy-to-make and super cute, too!
I'm planning on making a bunch more...
because Christmas is coming and I think it would make a pretty cool gift!
We also did glass etching.
I've passed on the opportunity to do this in the past because
1- I didn't have a glass dish/pan.
2- All the samples showed people's last names and I didn't want that.
Well, now I have quite a few glass dishes/pans
and I came up with a clever alternative to a last name.
Everyone who saw it, thought it was AWESOME
and were probably wishing they thought of it themselves!
[And now that I know it also works on curved surfaces,
next time I'll be bringing my glass mixing bowls, too!]
The most popular craft of the night were the Nativity Blocks.
It was a set of 12 wooden blocks that you sanded, painted and mod podged
nativity characters on to.
I ordered a set, but the tables for it were so crowded,
I figured I'd just do it at home instead.
[Which is the reason there are no photos of them.]
This activity went on from 6:00pm until 11:00pm.
I was a bit surprised how many were still busy working on their projects at 11:00!
Thanks to many helping hands, we were able to get everything put away
and cleaned up by 11:40pm! [I thought we'd be there until at least midnight.]
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and have a good time,
so I'd consider that a successful event!
No comments:
Post a Comment