Sunday, September 22, 2013

Halloween is here!

I am SO ready for Summer to be over and for Autumn to finally arrive!
Autumn ushers in [hopefully] cooler weather and three major holiday decorating seasons.

I spent the last day of Summer by putting out my Halloween decorations.
Usually, I love decorating for holidays, but this time around was a little bittersweet,
since it meant clearing off the mantle and counter-top shelf of cutesy things.















Can you see why I had such a difficult time clearing off the mantle?















Now I was planning on hanging the Halloween tulle wreath I made last year
over the mantle, but as you can see, I just couldn't get myself to take down
that absolutely smoochy canvas picture of my nephew, Benjamin.

So my wreath found a new home on the back of the front door.





















The counter top shelf is filled with decorations...
but I'll need to make room for one more
once a new Halloween craft is completed.


















I think I'm going to change the ribbon on the glass vase
and I'm hoping to find another bottle or two of 'venom'.















The Mickey Mouse ghosts remind me of Disneyland during HalloweenTime.










































Wish they had thought to have the arrows pointing in different directions.
[All those arrows point to the kitchen.]

















Happy Autumn and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment