I am super grateful for thrift stores!
There are a couple favorites that I have around here,
but there's one in particular that I visit often, like 2-3 times a month!
[Basically as often as my budget allows!]
It's located in Plano, just a couple blocks from a DART station,
so it's easy to get to and there's a couple other stores nearby we go to, as well.
I usually go there to find books, clothes and toys
to buy for my Smoochy-Smooch Benjamin,
[It's my job as Auntie to spoil that cute baby rotten!]
They have pretty good prices, too!
[I've lost track of how many baby outfits I've bought there for under $1.00.]
But my last visit there was mainly for me.
I finally realized that it's getting too chilly for shorts and capris.
And when I went through the storage tub of winter clothes,
I discovered I only had two pairs of jeans!
[OK, OK, if I'm being honest here, I had more than that...
but those no longer fit me, which I'm not all too happy about!]
With Christmas being only a month away, I didn't want to spend a lot of money,
so instead of checking out Ross, Target, etc. I went to the thrift store.
It was a good call on my part.
I bought a total of 5 pairs of jeans....and paid about the same price
I would have paid for just 1 pair at a regular store!
One pair I got was less than $2.00, just because it was missing a button!
[Easy fix!]
Of course, I had to check out the baby stuff, too.
Found a bunch of goodies to save for Christmas presents!
Gotta love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment