Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Time is Here

The day after Thanksgiving I went to work on decorating for Christmas!

I wasn't sure what my "theme" was going to be this year.
It was between "random" or snowmen.











 As you can see, snowmen won!
































Most of these snowmen decorations I've had for years,
but a handful are new for this year.
































































The tree took me the longest to do.
I am starting to regret my decision to not buy a pre-lit tree,
because putting 700 lights around a tree is no fun!
[Especially when you're doing it all by yourself!]
It ended up taking me two days to finish lighting the tree!

I spent today adding garlands and ornaments to the tree.
I had to be a little creative with the garlands, since I was using two different kinds.
Let's just say it's a good thing we live on the third floor
because the back of the tree [facing the window]
isn't quite as pretty as the front.

My sister, Trisha asked me if I had enough snowman ornaments
to decorate a seven foot tree.

Well, what do you think???
































I had even more than I thought I did!
And I had almost forgot about those cute snowman light covers!























































You may have noticed that the lowest branches are free of garland and ornaments.
This is the reason why...

















Bindi is a rather playful kitty, so I figured better safe than sorry.
It appears that was a good choice, since she seems to enjoy
sleeping and hanging out under the tree.





















It's not all about snowmen, I have other decorations, too.



















I made the plaques at Fabulous FridayLOVE them!
































I made the ornament wreath.
[Actually, I started it last year, but didn't get around to finishing it.]




































My Christmas book collection.
I have found a bunch of cool books at the thrift store this year.
My goal is to read one every day through Christmas.
[But somehow I doubt I'll follow through.]

























And of course, the true reason we celebrate this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment