Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Few Favorite Recipes

Every now and then I get into a major baking mood...
making cookies, muffins, rolls, etc.

The only problem with going on a baking spree
is what to do with all the goodies I've made!
[Because unfortunately, consuming them all on my own
would not be a good thing.]

So I share my tasty treats with others.
In doing so, I am more often than not, asked if I would share my recipes.

None of them are "secret" family recipes, some are from cookbooks,
a couple from recipe websites and a few others I can't recall where
I got them from because I have been making them for so long.

Since I'm more than happy to share these recipes with anyone,
I figured I would post a bunch of favorites on my blog for all to enjoy!

[Not to mention easy access to them, when I'm not near my recipe book!]

I always get LOTS of compliments whenever I make these chocolate chip cookies.
When they are hot out of the oven, they are ooey-gooey good!



















My sister and her husband are vegans, so I altered this recipe,
so they could enjoy the deliciousness of these cookies!
I just substitute the butter for a non-dairy butter, omit the eggs
and use dairy-free chocolate chips, like Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips.

This banana muffins recipe is another one I've altered to be vegan.
I use either vegetable oil or melted non-dairy butter and again, omit the egg.






The recipe either makes 12 small muffins....
















or 6 large muffins.

















Unfortunately for my sister, this next recipe is the only one
that I haven't been able to figure out how to alter to be vegan.
However, I have altered it a bit from the original recipe,
because I prefer a thicker crust.





















Sooooo good!!! [Especially on a hot summer day!]

















I love muffins and I love doughnuts, so I had to give these a try!
The first time I made this recipe...
they literally melted in my mouth!
I've made them at least a dozen times since then
and while still good, none of the other times since has come
close to that first mouthwatering experience!


Seriously, these cinnamon rolls are so easy to make and so yummy, too!






































So you're thinking...what about the frosting???
Here ya go!
























[Here's how the chocolate buttercream looks on a two-layer cake.]




















In case you couldn't tell, I have a bit of a sweet tooth
and a thing for carbs, as well.

While these aren't the best rolls I've ever had,
[that honor goes to Lanette Hopkins' rolls]
they're pretty darn good.
[And lots of others think so, too!]























OK, OK, these don't look that spectacular,
[I was probably in a hurry when I made them]
but they're still tasty!






















But probably the recipe I've received the most compliments about
are for my sugar cookies. I make them for just about every holiday.
[Or at least the holidays that I have cookie cutters for, that is.]

I'm sure I've made these cookies at least a hundred times.
So imagine my surprise when I realized,
I have never taken any pictures of my sugar cookies!
That reason alone makes me want to whip up a batch,
just so I can put together a cookie photo shoot!
Until then, just the recipe itself will have to do.























Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmy! Thanks for sharing, Tammy girl! I'm going to have to try some of these out IMMEDIATELY! LOVE YOU!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These all sound great and having been a recipient of a few of these, I KNOW they're great! Thanks for posting the recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete