to live at a nursing and rehabilitation center.
[After a bout of pneumonia, she had not improved enough
for her to be able to care for herself.]
Unfortunately, her health has continued to decline.
She eats very little and has lost a lot of weight.
She has always loved bread and doughnuts.
[It must be hereditary, because I love them, too!]
She won't even eat one of her favorite doughnuts now!
That's pretty bad!
So I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we went to go visit my grandma.
I was holding Benjamin as we made our way
down the hallway to get to Grandma's room.
I'm sure he brightened up many people's day with that cute smile of his.
The last time I saw my grandma was in April 2013.
When I saw her now, I was taken back a bit
by how much she had changed in less than a year's time!
We made sure that Benjamin got lots of quality time
with his Great-Grandma while we were there.
My grandma has never really cared for getting her picture taken.
I remember her always making some excuse for not wanting her picture taken,
usually something about her hair being a "mess" or something like that.
[Which probably explains why I have very few photos of her.]
So I had to be a bit sneaky when taking these photos,
so she wouldn't complain or make a fuss.
Which meant no flash, no posing and no photo of us together.
I don't even know if she was aware that I was even taking pictures,
let alone that she was in the pictures!
Benjamin did a really good job while we were there!
While I was looking through his diaper bag for bottle fixings,
I came across a small pair of sunglasses.
Which led to this cute encounter between the two of them.
PEEK-A-BOO!!
Bottle + attention from grandma = one content and happy baby
This one is probably my favorite.
[Too bad the bottle is blocking the view of Benjamin gazing up at Grandma.]
I wish I took some video while we were there to better capture
sweet little moments like this.
Looks like Benjamin has spotted Grandma's turquoise ring!
While we were there, dinner was delivered.
I think Benjamin ate more of it than Grandma did!
Benjamin ate most of the applesauce, while Grandma
only managed to eat a few spoonfuls of mashed potatoes!
[Better than nothing though!]
Eventually, Benjamin started getting a bit antsy and wanted to move around
which was our cue to say our goodbyes.
It was hard to say goodbye, since it could likely be the last time I see her.
So instead....Until we meet again, Grandma.

No comments:
Post a Comment