Friday, August 7, 2009

Ups and Downs....

Today was like a roller coaster....
filled with UPS and DOWNS!!

A couple hours before I had to wake up this morning,
I awoke to this feeling of throbbing pain in my head.
[An hour or two before that, I woke up thanks to a Charley Horse....
and it's been a while since I've had one of them, and I've no clue what caused that one!]

Anyway, so I figured I had enough time to rest to get rid of my headache. [Sleep usually helps.]
But, the time came for me to get up, and the headache remained.
It felt like I had a ton of bricks on top of my head...
and like it was just going to....EXPLODE!!!
I grabbed a couple ibuprofen and drank some water,
thinking that would help.
Well, less than 5 minutes later, I started coughing,
and up came the water I drank and I'm assuming also what was left of the pills.

I felt MISERABLE!!!

I waited until an hour before I was supposed to be at work to call in.
I really didn't want to, because I feel bad about calling in,
and also because I need all the money I can get,
especially with my upcoming trip later this month.
I was tempted to call and say that I would be an hour late,
but then I'd feel even worse if I had to call again to say
I wasn't coming if I didn't feel better by then.
So, I called and told them I wasn't coming because
I had a major headache that wasn't going away.

Well, an hour later......POOF....my headache was gone!
I still felt really weak and a bit woozy, but I probably would've made it
through work if I had called and said I was going to be late! :P

On the UP side, I no longer felt like my head was going to explode!
I felt even better after I laid down and took an hour long nap.
I actually managed to accomplish quite a bit here at home
during the time I would've been at work.
[Laundry, vacuuming, organizing/moving things around, shopping, etc.]

Bonus "UP":
I also bought a ticket to go see 'American Idiot' next month!
Very excited to see that!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment