and decided that today would finally be the day to do so!
It took a bit longer than I thought.
First I had to let the yeast and warm water sit.
Then I had to let a mixture of sugar, salt,
shortening and hot milk cool down.
Once it cooled down I added the two mixtures together,
along with cup after cup of flour...which then had to sit and rise.
After rising for awhile, it was time to punch it down and let it rise again.
Finally, the dough was ready to be rolled out:
Then I sprinkled the dough with cinnamon and sugar
and drizzled melted butter on top.
I rolled the dough up, and some of the gooey filling oozed out.
I cut the roll and places them in a pan to rise just a little bit more,
before putting them in the oven to bake.
Ta-da! Fresh out of the oven!
And last, but not least, gotta add the frosting!
And voila! 3+ hours later....fresh, yummy cinnamon rolls!
Mmmmmmm.........
No comments:
Post a Comment