Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm surrounded!!!

Yesterday, it felt like everywhere I looked
I was surrounded by....



BABIES....BABIES....BABIES!!!!



And not just babies, but...



women expecting babies!!!


For some reason, it just hit me really hard that day.
[Tick-tock...tick-tock]

I want a sweet baby to love and smooch!!



And of course, it made me think of this little guy...


My cutie nephew, Kaden.

I've hardly seen him at all the past couple months.
[Not due to any fault of mine... obviously.]
I'd call or text to see if I could come by for a visit,
but it seemed like there was always one excuse
or another why it was not a good time.
So when I would ask when a good time would be,
the response was always "I'll get back to you."
Which of course, would never happen.

Anyway, my little "Kaden-Cakes" sure has grown since I saw him last!
He has 2 new additions to that cutie big smile of his!


A couple little chompers...

So, since I was feeling blue,
and needed some baby love,
I asked my brother if I could stop by for a bit
and
HALLELUJAH
I could!!!

Kaden was playing with some toys on the floor when I got there.
When I sat down he crawled over to me.
[Something else that is new since I last saw him.]

I picked him up and sat him on my lap.
He was okay at first, but then he started "crying" a bit.
I almost started crying, too, because I realized that it
was probably because he didn't recognize me.
Eventually, after talking to him some more and making eye contact,
he smiled at me and gave me this look as if to say, "I remember you!"

He had fun bouncing on my lap and trying to take off my glasses.
Before I went to head home, we played outside on the deck for a bit.
My brother did his Grover impression.
Near.....far.....near.....far....
[You get the idea, right?]
Kaden found that quite amusing and was smiling and laughing!
We played a little peek-a-boo, too.
It was hard to say goodbye, because he was just being too darn cute!

Hopefully, it won't be another month or more until I can see him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment