I had applied at a number of centers in the area [and out of the area]
and got a call from one back in July, asking if I was still looking for employment
and if I'd like to schedule an interview, which of course and obviously, I did.
The interview went well and I was even given a tour of the remodeling
that is taking place for the center. [It going to be SO nice!]
I was told that they would get back to me in a couple days,
after talking with my references, getting my security clearance, etc.
I felt pretty good about it, because the director mentioned more than once
that she really liked me, and also all the jobs I have had an interview for,
I was hired. [Except for one, but that was a good thing!]
It took a day or two longer for them to get back to me to offer me the job.
Guess they wanted to keep me in suspense!
This is where I work...
The center is located inside the Federal Building in Downtown Dallas.
[Mainly serving families employed by the Federal Government or the City of Dallas.]
Because of this, I have to wear a photo ID badge and go through a metal detector
and have my bag scanned before I go to work. FUN!
One good thing is that it is right across the street from here:
Union Station...Which makes it pretty easy to get to!
Just around the corner is this cool building
The Old Red Museum
Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to check it out!
Anyway, I started on August 1st.
I am a teacher in the Two year old classroom.
There have been a lot of challenging days...lots of differences to what I'm used to...
just hanging in there and reminding myself that things will get better and easier,
it doesn't happen overnight and not to be so hard on myself.
Just take it one day at a time.
Wow, Congrats Tammy! Too bad we have to work, but so grateful to have it, to cover our needs, right? It's such a different environment from around here, that should be fun. I hope your starting to really enjoy the people and the kids.
ReplyDelete