Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baby Shower

So, I know I've said this many times before...
but I have got the CUTEST little sister!

It's hard to believe that my baby is having a baby!


That's my little nephew in there!




















Today was her Baby Shower.




 






Her friend Stephanie and her mom, Maggie
held the festivities in their beautiful home,
which was lavishly decorated for Christmas,
including a beautiful 11 foot Christmas tree!
[Not to mention a huge built in bookcase/display
filled with all kinds of owl figures. Too cute!]




















Katrina and one of her many Stephanie friends.
[There were three at the shower!]

Quite a few people who said they were coming, didn't show,
so it was a rather intimate baby shower.

I was in charge of the entertainment, aka baby games.

We played "Don't Say BABY" [it's not as easy as it seems!],
"Baby Bingo" and "Baby Scattergories".
I also brought baby food jars filled with M&Ms or Skittles
for them to guess how many they thought were inside.
Three times someone guessed it EXACTLY right!
[Two of those guesses were by my mom.]

I also had everyone fill out a card with their prediction
of the date and time he'll be born and his height and weight.
[Winner gets bragging rights on Facebook!]




















Of course there was also food.
I contributed by bringing homemade rolls and cupcakes!




 And of course, there were presents!



















It was so sweet to see how emotional she would get
as she opened the gifts. Sure, some people would
blame it on the hormones, but I know it was more than just that.
















One of the gifts I got for my little nephew.

I also gave her a card...a card I bought 10+  years ago
and have been holding onto for just this occasion.
Since I knew she was emotional and the card and my
message were rather wordy, I told her to read it later.
One of her friends said, "But we want to see Katrina cry!"








A funny drawing one of her friends did.
She called it a "family portrait."


 So....who's the cute little baby?
Well, that may possibly be my future nephew!

A couple of Katrina's friends used a program
to create what the baby would look like
and this was the result.



Everyone thought he was cute, but that he should have curly hair,
rather than straight!

Can't wait to meet this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment