There were a number of Christmas crafts and decorating I wanted to do this year,
but of course, there just simply wasn't enough time for it all!
I did manage to fulfill my new tradition of making holiday banners,
out of scrapbook paper, ribbon and chipboard letters.
I think they look rather festive!
I used to have quite a collection of snowman plush and figures.
Sadly though, when I moved last year, a large amount of the collection
ended up having to be left behind.
[Although I still have quite the collection of snowman ornaments!]
The three snowmen on the left, I bought last year.
The six snowmen to the right of them, are from my collection.
[Along with two other snowmen, not pictured.]
My sister also got wreath crafty and glued a bunch of Christmas picks
with birds, pine cones, holly and poinsettias on to a pine wreath.
I thought it turned out pretty cute!
This was my nativity set.
Just a simple little stable and some Precious Moments dolls.
But I loved it.
So I was heartbroken when I discovered that it wasn't in any of
my Christmas boxes! I don't know how it ended up getting left behind.
After Christmas last year, I found a set on sale that I thought was cute.
But there was no stable!
I thought I would be able to find a new one, but I never did.
So instead, I surrounded it with a collection of books about
the true meaning of Christmas.
I decorated the counter/shelf mainly with Christmas crafts I've made over the years.
Some wooden blocks, snowmen and trees.
A basket filled with love. [fabric hearts]
And a large jar of mini Christmas ball ornaments.
I put out my library of Christmas books, with every intention
of reading one each day, but yeah, that didn't happen.
I draped the remaining tinsel along the bottom, to make it more festive.
I displayed all the lovely Christmas cards we've received along the edge
of the cabinet, as well as on the back of the cabinet. [Hoping to fill it up!]
There were a handful of Pinterest projects I wanted to make for Christmas,
but this was the only one I ended up doing.
A sock snowman
I found the idea here.
They are SOOOO cute and SOOOO super easy to make!
I would've made a bunch of them.....if I had more socks!
So I only ended up making two.
But I'll definitely be making more next year!
[And finding little twigs to use for arms.]
I'm going to be so sad when it's time to pack it all up
and put it all away!
No comments:
Post a Comment