Saturday, December 15, 2012

O Christmas Tree

This Christmas is the first Christmas in many, many years
that I've had a full sized Christmas tree.
In the past, I've just had a 4 foot tree, but this year we bought
a 7 foot artificial tree.

I've also always wanted to have a Christmas tree standing
in front of a window, so when people pass by they can
"ooh" and "ahh" when they see it.
[Although being up on the third floor,
people have to be looking up to see it.]




















We bought it at Target on Black Friday and set it up later that day.




















On Saturday, I put lights on the top 3 or so feet of the tree.
I prefer white lights, but Trisha likes multi-color lights,
so we went with her favorite, but next year will be mine!

On Sunday, with some help from Trisha, I finished lighting the tree.
[It took 700 lights....WOW!]
Once the lights were on, I started putting the garlands of tinsel on
and discovered we didn't have enough!




















So the tree stood there unfinished, until Wednesday,
when I was able to go to the store for more tinsel garland.































On Thursday, we decorated the tree with various Disney ornaments.































And topped the tree with my Madame Alexander
Belle Christmas Tree topper.










































































On Friday, I was in the bedroom when I heard Trisha yell.
The tree had fallen forward!
Sadly, there were some casualties.
Cinderella and Belle were beheaded, Minnie Mouse lost a leg,
a couple glass balls and a waterglobe ornament were slightly damaged,
but thankfully not shattered into pieces.
If the tree had not landed on the futon couch,
I'm sure there would've been more broken ornaments.

So, we took all the ornaments off the tree....
and started over....a few days later...
with less ornaments and less lights.
[Because 2 strands of lights must have had a blown fuse
or something because only half of the strand lit up.]































So we only ended up using about half of our Disney ornaments.




















































And so far...so good!
Now we just need a few things to put under the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment