Sunday, June 19, 2011

My favorite job...so far

My favorite job...so far.

This is where I used to work...



where I spent a lot of the past six and a half years of my life.



Lots of good times and happy memories...



and some frustrating moments, every now and then...



But, that's normal, huh?



The classrooms



My favorite play yard...especially during the summer.
Those trees really helped keep the area cool.



And no matter how many times you tell them,
the kids still like climbing up the slide,
instead of sliding down it! ;)


So, they recently created a website for the center.
I found out some information I thought was interesting...


The Martinez Early Childhood Center opened May 6, 1974. We started with six children and grew to a class of thirty five preschool children in just two months. The Center opened with funds from Contra Costa County and soon after, the funding was provided by the California Department of Education.

We started a pilot program for school age children in response to the needs of the community. We began with fifteen students and quickly expanded to sixty-five children that same year.

In December of 1976, we opened our infant-toddler center. We received the funding to open the new center because of our growth record and the high quality of care and education we provide in our programs.

By 1976 we raised the funds to purchase our 2½ acre site from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Then in 1981 we had raised the funds to build a facility for the Infant-Toddler program. The fundraising success was due to the strong community support and hard work of the parents in the program.


Hmmm....could that be why I felt so comfortable there?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment