It feels like it's been SOOOO much longer!
It feels like it's been FOREVER since I was in California
and said my goodbyes to everyone there!
I've been joking that the reason California was having such unusual weather,
rainy days in May on into June, was because California missed me!
[And oh, how I miss you!]
My first Sunday here was probably the hardest day.
And it didn't help that church starts at 9:00am...
when I had been meeting at 1:00 this year!
And boy, was I so spoiled living just a couple blocks away from church!
Now, it's over 7 miles away, which at first didn't sound that bad,
but it takes 20-25 minutes to get there!
[And driving past all these huge mansions, doesn't help matters either!]
Since it was the day before Memorial Day,
the opening hymn was 'America the Beautiful'.
So of course, I lost it right away.
All I could think of was Bro. Aguilar
and that they were singing it "wrong."
Then the youth speaker announces that her topic was on friends.
C'mon, seriously? What are you trying to do to me?
If anyone was watching me, they probably thought something was wrong with me,
the way I was getting all weepy and emotional.
Anyway...
I knew it wasn't going to be sunshine and lollipops and all that once I got here,
but I thought that things would be a bit better than they have been.
Some days I just want to scream "AAAUUURRRGGGHHH!!!" at the top of my lungs!
I have to remind myself often that I'm not 'just visiting'...
that there's some reason that I'm here...
even though I have no clue what that reason is
or more importantly, when the reason will happen.
Walking by faith sure is easier said than done!
Well that does explain our mysterious weather patterns! We do miss you out here!
ReplyDeleteHope things setlle down and the new routine starts to feel comfortable, soon!
♥ Shauna
The first weeks are the hardest! Let them see how fun you are to have around. You will do great!
ReplyDeleteThat's how I felt when we moved to the Bay Area. Cried for 3 hours straight when I found out we were coming up here. Just like you said...there's a reason for everything...hang in there and you'll find it. Miss your sweet smile in Cali...but you fit right in in Texas :o) Give yourself an adjustment period....it's okay! *hugs* from the Taylors!
ReplyDelete