Saturday, December 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So after checking out a few different apartments,
I narrowed it down to 2 places.
I then weighed the pros and cons of each place,
before finally making my decision.



Place #1 Pros:
  • ceramic tile floors [except in the bedroom]
  • ground level apartment
  • a bit larger than place #2
  • washer & dryer hook-up inside apartment
  • walking distance to restaurants/shops
  • nice, long walk-in closet in bedroom
  • coat closet in living area
  • 3-5 minute walk to bus stop
  • located in different ward/stake boundaries

did I mention the nice ceramic tile floors?

Place #1 Cons:

  • bathroom located inside bedroom
  • no patio or balcony, just a small front porch
  • $40 a month to provide a washer/dryer, otherwise we'd have to get our own
  • while close to public transportation, not as close as I'd prefer



Place #2 Pros:
  • located right next to a DART light rail station
  • full size washer and dryer in the apartment
  • flat top stove and built-in microwave
  • balcony with ceiling fan and storage closet
  • bathroom located outside of the bedroom
  • large walk-in closet in bedroom
  • vaulted ceilings
  • security alarm
  • 4 swimming pools and 24 hour fitness room
  • located in different ward/stake boundaries

Place #2 Cons:

  • apartment is on the third floor
  • no linen or coat closet
  • costs a little bit more than place #1
  • climbing all those stairs with groceries=no fun!

So, any guesses on which one I chose????

The winner is....



Place #2
Although this was actually the first place I viewed an apartment!
[I went to a couple apartments before here, but didn't bother to
view them because they were out of our price range.]

As much as I LOVED the ceramic tile floors at the other apartment,
the fact that it was on the ground floor and cost a bit less,
I chose this place because it's right next to DART, included a washer and dryer,
and I just really can't wait to cook on that flat top stove!



See that empty balcony up there on the top floor?
That's the one!

So yesterday, I bit the bullet, and along with my sister, Trisha
we....gulp...signed a 13 month lease for the apartment!

We took a tour of our apartment before signing the lease.
[Just a couple hours before they were coming in
to install new carpet and finishing cleaning the place.]

Come along for the tour:
Home Sweet Home

[this link takes you to a you tube video,
because uploading the video directly on to here was taking way too long!]


We have next to nothing for furniture
and I'm going to start doing some shopping
so we have what we really need.....
which is practically EVERYTHING!!!
Trying not to get so overwhelmed by it all.

Will have to record a new tour,
once we're more settled in...
so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Tammy! I got your sweet Christmas card and note-thank you, so much, and was so happy to hear about this big step! That is so exciting! I think you made a good choice (but I question the developer that chose not to put in elevators-oh, well). Loved your tour video and was happy to see you in it! Good Luck! I hope the move goes smoothly and the ward feels more like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, yea for you ! This will be great. I love your blog. I need to have Tara help me while she is home make my blog a little better. Thanks for your note, I shared it with Norma so we kinda VT together again. Have a great NEW YEAR all year long. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete