I am grateful for the many wonderful creations here on earth for us to enjoy.
Today was dollar day here....
Last time I went to the zoo was when they had a dollar day back in July.
That trip wasn't much fun because for one thing, it was 100+ degrees [UGH!],
it was really crowded and my camera batteries died, so I couldn't take pictures.
This time around the weather was nicer, I had working batteries, it was still
crowded, but at least the people were dressed more appropriately. [HOORAY!]
PENGUINS!
How can you not like 'em?
Feathery coat of many colors....so pretty!
Flamingoes...
Such an unusual animal!
With their stick thin legs and their brightly colored feathers.
They get their pink feathers from the shrimp that they eat.
[Thank goodness that doesn't apply to humans!
I don't even want to think of what color I would end up being!]
Pretty big kitty
How else could we see all these animals without going on an African Safari?
Like the proud, majestic lion
Zebras...with their cool black & white stripes
And the awkward elegance of the long necked and legged giraffes.
But out of all the animals in the zoo,
these were the ones I was most looking forward to.
[Hey! That rhymes!]
Of course, being nocturnal animals, I knew they would be sleeping.
But I've loved koalas since I was 5 or 6 years old and have only
seen them twice before.
But at least we got a good view of their cute, furry backsides!
Don't you just want to pick him up and give him a big snuggle?
[Although that's probably not such a good idea!]
What animals are you grateful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment