Sunday, September 2, 2012

My thoughts in another's words

" I could not determine what to do for the best,
but I knew that doing the wrong things
would be worse than doing nothing at all.
In my prayers, I asked the Lord for guidance
and though none was immediately forthcoming,
I felt better, for I could not feel
He would wish me to continue in error, 
when I myself so desperately wished to do right."
- The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy
By Mary Street, Chapter 10, Page 152, First paragraph.

When I read that, I couldn't believe it.
This was so much like the way I've been feeling lately!

I'm tired of second guessing myself and feeling like
the decisions I've been making weren't for the best,
like it's been one wrong thing after another.
And it's not that I made bad decisions,
they just weren't necessarily the right ones for me.

I just want to know that I'm where I need to be
and doing what I need to be doing.
Because just like it says in the last line,
I desperately wish to do what's right.



No comments:

Post a Comment