Three weeks ago I received some VERY EXCITING news...
I'm going to be an auntie again!
[And if anyone thought anything else, to them I say,"Really?!?"]
It's hard to believe that this sweet little baby
After more than five years of wedded bliss,
Katrina and Robbie will soon be a mommy and daddy!
I had called Katrina to see if she wanted to come by,
since it had been awhile since I last saw her.
She called back and asked if her and Robbie could
come by later that night and perhaps have some dessert.
[I try to keep some non-dairy ice cream in the freezer
for them, mainly as an incentive for them to stop by.]
They ended up stopping by later than planned.
We chatted, ate ice cream and watched reruns of The Office.
By the time I figured they'd be leaving to head home,
Katrina said, "Well, we stopped by because we have
something we wanted to tell you."
I wondered why she didn't say so sooner.
She seemed a little awkward and flustered,
which made me a bit suspicious.
They had just recently returned from a trip to Utah
to attend Robbie's grandma's funeral, so I thought perhaps
they could be announcing a move, but didn't think that was it.
I looked at her and asked,
"Does it have anything to do with something cute?"
She gave me a look and said, "Yeah."
I went over and gave her a hug and then one for Robbie.
She is three months along and the baby is due at the end of February.
They want to find out if they're having a boy or a girl,
but they won't find that out until Mid-October.
It's been difficult keeping this wonderful news a secret.
I don't know how they were able to keep it under wraps for as long as they did!
I'm sure there's a bit of nervousness mixed in with all the excitement.
She probably doesn't feel like she has a whole lot of experience with babies,
with her being the baby of the family and all.
But she has more experience than she thinks...
Even at a year old, she was loving and taking care of 'babies'.
And she's been taking good care of her furry babies all her life!
And she looked like a natural while holding our sweet nephew, Kaden.
We're not sure if the baby is a boy or a girl yet,
but one safe bet is the baby will have hair like this.
[The curly fro part, not the bright red part.]
Congratulations Katrina and Robbie!
I love you guys!
I'm so happy and excited for you!
From now on, your life will never be the same...
it's gonna be better than ever!
I cannot wait to meet this sweet baby,
and spoil him/her rotten!






What a great sister and aunt you are! I can feel your excitement all the way out here in CA, and I'm certain that does good things for Katrina!
ReplyDelete