Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude



In honor of Thanksgiving [among other things],
I've decided to list 3-5 things I'm grateful for every day through Thanksgiving.


#1: I'm very grateful for this little guy...



Today while I was watching him, I was talking to him
and I asked, "Do you know how much Auntie Tammy loves you?"
He broke out into the biggest grin after I said that.
[Guess that means he knows!]
Melted my heart!


#2: I wasn't grateful about this at first...I had to look for the silver lining.
I made some dough last night to make some cinnamon rolls.
I didn't have enough time this morning to bake them, before I had to
leave to go watch Kaden, so I took a pan with a dozen cinnamon rolls
with me, so I could bake them there.
I was just stepping up to the deck to get to their doorstep, when the pan
decided to slip out of my bag and on to the ground!
I had put plastic wrap over the pan, but it ended up being little help.
Out of 12 cinnamon rolls, 8 ended up on the ground!
I was really upset, but in the end I was glad that at least some survived.
[And it just gives me an excuse to have to make them again!]


#3: I am grateful to be a smart shopper.



Yep, that's right....
I got a dozen eggs and a jar of spaghetti sauce for only 50 cents!
Beat that!


#4: I'm grateful for the hymn 'Count Your Blessings'.
Yeah, it's hard sometimes to not covet the blessings of others:
a husband, kids, a nice home, security, etc.
So it was a good reminder for me to be thankful for what I have,
and to stop comparing what I have to what others have.
[And was one of the main inspirations for this 'attitude of gratitude'.]

And last, but certainly not least....

#5: I'm grateful for a special friend, who listened to the spirit,
and was there for me when I needed someone.
It meant more to me than words can say.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look! And I am coveting your shopping skills right about now ;-)

    ReplyDelete