Monday, November 29, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

CHRISTMAS!!!

And while technically it's still autumn,
these days it sure feels like it's...



The day after Thanksgiving, I packed away
all the Autumn/Thanksgiving decorations,
and started pulling out Christmas decorations.

Now, I have A LOT of Christmas decorations!
So many that I have to pick a theme every year,
because I don't have the space to put out everything!

Last year's theme was Snowmen/Winter Wonderland.
I couldn't decide what theme I should choose for this year.
So a few days ago, I posed the following question on Facebook:

Need help deciding on my theme for my Christmas tree this year.
Which do you think I should choose?
1. Angels
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Disney
4. Traditional

These were the responses I received:

Felicia Contreras-Replogle : My vote is for Disney.


Ken Graham : As long as there's Christmas I truly believe that hope is the greatest of the gifts we'll receive!

Jared Graham : ‎5. Spatula theme.

Tammy Larsen : Well, we do have quite a few spatulas.... ;)


Jared Graham : Or you could make cheese and summer sausage ornaments with cookie cutters. That would be awesome!

Tammy Larsen : I was wondering if you were going to also suggest beef and cheese!
But with 2 cats, I don't think those ornaments would last very long!

Kathy Gerlach Vincent : How about a late 1800's style?

Trisha Larsen : She would need ornaments for that theme.

Carol Gerlach : I like Angels for once!

Tammy Larsen : Thanks for all your comments so far....keep them coming!
[Especially since there's not a "winner" yet!]

Jared Graham : Go green with an eco-tree. Use all recycalable material. No sense in throwing out that empty can of soda... hang it on the eco-tree=-O


Kathy Gerlach Vincent : How about a Kaden tree?

So...not much help there!
[Although the responses from my cousin Jared were pretty funny!]


As a joke, I posted "Spatula Tree" as the winning theme.



But, my real theme for 2010 is....
Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas



I only have a 4 foot tree, so some of the larger ornaments really stand out!



Since I chose Beauty and the Beast, it gave me the chance
to use my Madame Alexander Belle tree topper!



I found it quite a few years ago at The Disney Store.
And just my luck, it was on sale for 50% off!
[Gotta love that!]
It was my first Madame Alexander doll, too!



Here's a few close ups of some ornaments on my tree...



The large heart ornament is double sided...
Belle with the Beast on one side and with the Prince on the other.
The wooden Belle ornament to the left of it, is musical.



There were quite a few ornaments that I had never used before.
[I must have taken tags off of at least half a dozen ornaments!]



And believe it or not, I didn't even use all of my B&B ornaments!



This year, I also decided to use my 2 foot silver tree,
instead of the 3 1/2 foot traditional tree I've used the past few years.
I kept the Disney theme going by decorating it with Princess ornaments!



The back of the tree.



Here's a few more of my Christmas decorations....
One of these days I will get a "real" nativity scene.
Until then, it's my Precious Moments doll nativity.



I added blue ornaments this year, for a little extra "pop!"



My sister's Rudolph decorations.



Run, run as fast as you can....
you can't catch me...I'm the Gingerbread Man!





My cousin Jennifer gave me these cute plaques years and years ago,
and they've become a Christmas decoration tradition.



[And every time I see them, they make me think of her.]



I also have quite the collection of Christmas books.
[Some I even forgot I had!]
Hopefully I'll have time to go through them all during this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment