Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude - Day 4


#1: I am grateful that I know how to cook and bake.
I cook simple meals, mostly because that's what I like eating.
Chicken, spaghetti, pizza, meat loaf, tacos, burritos, etc.
Tonight for dinner, I made cheese fondue. Yum!

I've also been doing quite a bit more baking these days...
biscuits, cookies, rolls, muffins, cake, etc.
I just made up 2 batches of dough to make cinnamon rolls for tomorrow.


#2: I am grateful that our bathroom problems finally got fixed!
For a couple weeks now the sink has been dripping and leaking.
And for years there has been a "soft spot" on the floor,
and tiles that were cracking..
[Whomever they hired to do the floor years ago, did a horrible job!
First of all, they placed the new tiles on top of the old ones!
Secondly, they didn't even line up all the tiles correctly!]

They started working on it on Thursday, leaving us with just the floorboards.
They came back today to finish the job....which took them most of the day.

Here is what our new bathroom floor looks like:



[And it's squeak-free, too!]



We even got a new faucet for the sink!
So much nicer looking than our old one!
And no more leaks or drips....hooray!


#3: I am grateful that I live so close to stores and restaurants.
Now while I don't drink coffee, having a Starbucks right next door
does come in handy every now and then.
[Especially when your bathroom is being worked on, and you've really gotta go!]

It's also nice to have not just one, but two grocery stores just a block away.
If one store doesn't have what I want, or doesn't have what I want at a good price,
chances are the other store will!


#4: I'm grateful to be patient.
I've had a coupon for a free carton of ice cream since September, due to this.
I've been waiting for just the right opportunity to finally use it.
I was this close to using it a week or so ago, because I had been craving ice cream,
but didn't really have the money to spend to get some.

As you can see, it's a good thing I waited, after all!



Safeway had a sale where if you bought 2 cartons of Breyers ice cream,
you get a 3rd carton for free! But, since I had the coupon, it made it
buy one carton of ice cream, get 2 free!
So for the grand total of $3.28 I got 3 cartons of Breyers ice cream...
and a box of kleenex! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment