Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas Fun Has Begun!

Well, since I had so much fun making a tulle wreath for Halloween,
I decided I wanted to make one for Christmas!

I originally wanted to make it a snowflake themed wreath,
but couldn't find the tulle colors I wanted to use for it,
so I decided to go with a traditional Christmas theme. 

I started off with a 10 inch round styrofoam wreath.

After spending $10.00 for 75 feet of tulle to complete my Halloween wreath,
I decided to do some investigating online for less expensive tulle.

I found what I was looking for at eBay.
There was a seller with 75 foot spools of tulle for only $2.00
and $2.00 flat rate shipping!
So for the same price, I got 3 times more tulle! 
Gotta love that!

The colors I chose to use: red, white, apple green and kelly green.

Then I found some pretty Christmas picks on sale at Michaels for 99 cents.

I didn't want to go through all the aggravation of
making a bow for this wreath, so I went the pre-made route.
[And it only cost $1.00 at Big Lots!]

I cut the tulle into 12 inch long strips, but you can make them 
as short or long as you like, according to your own personal preference.

I cut 20 strips of each color at a time.
I folded each strip over to create a 2 inch wide strip,
which I then wrapped around the wreath and tied in a double knot. 
I tried tying it a different way, but liked this way better
because I could get it tighter, but again, it's a matter of preference.

I tied the tulle in a pattern, red, white, apple green, kelly green.

It took somewhere around 200-250 strips to completely cover the wreath.

 
Then I played around with the picks and bow
before hot gluing them onto the wreath.

And voila....the finished product!

Can't wait to decorate for Christmas!

1 comment: