I'm thankful that I enjoy baking.
I like trying out new recipes as well as making my favorite recipes.
My sister Katrina has a bit of a sweet tooth,
but since her and Robbie are vegan,
it makes it a bit of a challenge to
make things that they are able to eat.
Especially since so many of my favorite recipes
to make aren't really vegan friendly.
I wanted to make them vegan chocolate chip cookies,
so one day I went to Whole Foods, planning to
get the ingredients I'd need to make them....
until I realized it would cost me close to $20.00
just to get dairy free dark chocolate chips, dairy free
buttery spread and egg replacer. CRAZY!
Then one day I went to the 99 Cent Store and they
had dairy free buttery spread for, you guessed it 99 cents!
[They are normally around $4.00 at the grocery store.]
So I bought a whole bunch...though still not as many as I probably should have!
Then I found some dairy free dark chocolate chips for just $2.59,
instead of $5.00-$6.00...woo-hoo!
So I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I just omitted the eggs.
And the dough ended up looking exactly like the original recipe!
I made a dozen cookies and then presented
Katrina and Robbie with a tub full of cookie dough.
The look on Robbie's face when he saw the cookie dough
made it all worth it!
[And I think they ended up eating more dough than cookies!]
My next try at a vegan dessert was a cherry pie.
I just bought a can of cherry pie filling
and then baked a homemade crust.
YUM!
My latest vegan recipe attempt was making Oreo Balls.
Pretty simple recipe, just crushed oreos and tofutti cream cheese,
which are then dipped into melted dark chocolate.
I made a goodie bag of Oreo Balls for Robbie and he loved them!
I made some regular Oreo Balls, too. Oh, so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment