I am grateful for music.
Music can affect your life in so many ways.
There's been countless times when the lyrics to a song
have been just the thing I needed to hear...
whether to lift my spirits, to help answer a question,
or even recall a moment in time.
Music has been the foundation for friendship.
I have several friends, who without this common bond of music,
[or love of a particular musician]
we more than likely wouldn't have known each other.
I've started another blog, Musical Nonsense
to post reviews and musical experiences I've had over the years.
I have been so fortunate to not just have the chance
to see live performances from my favorite musicians,
but to also have the opportunity to meet many of them as well.
Unfortunately, like this blog, I have the best of intentions,
but tend to fall far behind in my posts.
The reason I particularly chose today to be grateful for music
is because today is the birthday of my favorite musician,
Duncan Sheik.
I know a lot of you are probably thinking, "Never heard of him."
But believe me, you more than likely have heard him before.
[More than likely while shopping at the store.]
Earlier this year, he appeared on a show on BYU-TV
called The Song That Changed My Life.
Which you can enjoy here.
I've been lucky enough to see him, oh, about close to twenty times now.
And I usually get to chat with him after most of his shows
and get a picture together as well as the occasional autograph.
I saw him earlier this year, while visiting family in Kansas City.
Which you can read all about here.
The last time I had seen him before then was in April 2010,
when he was doing some shows with the San Francisco Symphony.
[Which were of course AMAZING!]
So imagine my surprise, when he spots me in the crowd of people
waiting in line to meet him, breaks into that big, beautiful smile of his
and waves at me! I mean, c'mon what's not to love about that?
And guess who I'll be seeing on December 5th?
Can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment